We Received a Liebster Award!!!!
Adam and I are very pleased to announce that we received the Liebster Award. We are dedicated to our blog, Our Sweet Adventures, and are so honored to have been nominated to receive our first award after only debuting this website a month and a half ago. We were nominated not only once, but twice, by Tween Here and There and Luxury Backpacking – thank you both for thinking of us. If you like Our Sweet Adventures then you must take a look at their beautiful blogs – they do some wonderful writing! We also wouldn’t be here to receive this award without the love and support of readers which we greatly appreciate. Every like, follow or comment we receive never goes unnoticed, all of the support means a lot to us – so, thank you!
So What Is the Liebster Award?
Is it an award where we get to walk down the red carpet? Unfortunately, not this time, but maybe one day… The Liebster Award is an online award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s an award for the little guys, meaning bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Liebster Award was created to recognize, discover and help spread love to us bloggers who work hard and enjoy what we do. It is not an easy job and it’s mostly a non paying job. We blog because we have a voice that we think people want to hear. In some cases, like ours, we want to inspire others to fulfill their dreams of traveling and/or show them what places to see and dine at. Liebster is a German word that translates to “dearest” or similar words such as, kindest, sweetest, nicest, beloved, values, etc. Receiving such a endearing award by the blogging community has been very exciting and rewarding.
How Does It Work?
I have read several different “rules” the have been modified throughout the years. So I have listed the “rules”, which I have found to be used the most frequently and recently.
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people who you think deserves the award too and notify them (at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers).
- The choice lies within each blogger to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or bloggers can refuse to accept it.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog by including it in your post and/or display it using a “widget” or”gadget” so everybody knows how awesome you are.
- Publicly thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate are more inclined to help you out as well.
- Provide a link to their blog so they gain more viewers.
- Answer the questions about yourself, which the blogger who nominated you creates – feel free to add photos, facts about yourself, or anything in between!
- Write your own set of 11 questions for your nominees.
- Pat yourself on the back because you just received an award you deserved and are now promoting 5 other bloggers.
A Little Info About Our Friends Who Nominated Us
Tween Here and There
A lovely blog from Celine who has traveled to almost every continent already! She is an inspiration to us, as we have only managed to visit two continents so far. Celine and Christina bonded instantly over chocolate and food. I think we are destined to all go out and be foodies together – one day…. Her blog is well written with beautiful photos that will make you want to jump on the next plane to somewhere glorious!
Probably one of my favorite bloggers to follow. Luxury Backpacking was created by the dynamic duo, Emma and Yannick. Their home page alone draws you into their site. From the opening photo, to the cool map of places they’ve been, to all their helpful tips. This is definitely a blog you want to follow.
Questions from Tween Here and There
(By the time we realized we could accept a nomination more than once, Emma had already published her post about her award. So we do not have questions from her, but as you read above, we enjoy Luxury Backpacking and wanted to give them recognition as well as thank them for the nomination).
Our readers can only get to know us so well behind our words so we decided to answer our questions through a video! Watch it to catch our special guest!
- What’s the favorite country you have visited and why?
We have enjoyed every country we have visited thus far, but our favorites would be Italy, Switzerland and Germany.
- Which country do you regret to have been to and why?
We do not regret going to any country, but Amsterdam, Netherlands was our least favorite only because we were there during cold, rainy days and we were not prepared for that kind of weather.
- You can bring only one book, which one will that be?
Christina – Harry Potter because “Always”, either book one or seven
Adam – Fish by Stephen C. Lundin, Ph.D., Harry Paul, and John Christensen
- What was your best cuisine / dish eaten overseas?
Too many to choose from, but while we were in Italy we lived with a chef and everything he made was delicious – the spinach ricotta tortellini was our favorite. Piadinas in Italy, fondue and raclette in Switzerland, escargot in Paris and all the good comfort food and baked goods at Lucky Lutz in Germany.
- Pro or cons to travel alone?
We always travel together 🙂
- What is the main thing you always miss when traveling?
The people and connections we make while we travel and our friends and family back home. And of course our cat, Tiramisu!
- What are (at least) the 3 things you like while traveling?
The FOOD!!!! Seeing the different places and cultures and enjoying the best moments from the unexpected.
- According to you, which qualities make you fall in love for a blog?
Content, their website layout and the bloggers personality and personal touch.
- Your blogging experience in just 3 words?
ALWAYS FUN and EXCITING! Besides writing about our experiences, coming home and checking how many viewers, comments and likes we receive is always fun and exciting.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
Christina had a dessert blog and when we enhanced the blog into what it is today we wanted to intertwine the two things we talk about – food and travel. During our European trip we had a hashtag #AdventuresWithTheDwiggins and really liked it so we wanted to make sure we kept a part of that hashtag with us so, we kept Adventures. We always wanted to do a play on words to unify food and travel and came up with “Sweet” for both “awesome” and “delicious”. All together you have Our Sweet Adventures!
- Teleportation is the new way to travel. Where will you go right away?
Christina – the top of Mt. Everest because we know we will not hike it.
Adam – Sweden, Norway, and Iceland to see the beauty of the terrain and scenery.
And the Nominees Are…..
Demetri from D2photography. Demetri is one of the first Instagram accounts we followed because his pictures are masterpieces. He captures amazing photos during his trips and then uses photoshop to enhance his photos into perfection. With every photo he posts, comes with a great caption – he is definitely an Instagram account you want to follow. His blog has great videos on his photoshop process as well as some great writing that explains his theme, the place, and more. If you love photography and travel, D2Photography is definitely a blog and Instagram account you should follow. We are sure that passionate photographers will also find some great knowledge and inspiration too.
Anthony from Sketchy Travels. We met Anthony at Oktoberfest this past summer and fell in love with his adventures and sketches. Anthony is all around a great guy and we are so thankful we met him. The way he travels and the stories he tells in person and on his blog are unbelievable. His sketches are really just the icing on the cake of him being completely awesome! While he travels he sketches anything that sparks his interest. We’ve watched him complete a sketch and he is wicked fast! On his blog, you can purchase some of his beautiful sketches. His blog also shares some very fun and inspirational stories. Anthony definitely takes you along his journey as if you were traveling by his side. Make sure you follow him on his blog and Instagram!
Marla from Seize the Daye. And seize the day she most certainly does, whether it’s with her loving husband or her amazing family, Marla never hesitates for fun and new adventures. We really love her blog name, her last name is Daye and it’s just a really great play on words that describes who she is and what her blog is about. Marla and her husband recently went to Iceland and had an awesome trip. Along with great story telling Marla gives her readers great tips on traveling such as, what to do when an airline loses your luggage or what 10 things you should pack when you are traveling. As a side note, Marla and Christina are actually friends that went to Texas A&M together graduating in the same class with a major in Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences – WHOOP! We are proud to nominate Marla and her blog as it is definitely on the rise! Everyone should follow her as she continues her journey to seize everyday.
Katrina from Aqua & Ink. Where to start on Aqua & Ink? There are so many amazing things about this blog: the layout, logo, content, photos, videos, tips, etc. It is truly one of our favorite blogs and I was so glad to hear that I could nominate Katrina. Katrina is spunky and we really like that about her – her personality shines throughout her blog. Her blog, Aqua & Ink, is based on solo female travel for flashpackers (backpacking with a bigger budget). Her readers will find the best content and guides for a lot of Asian countries as well as Australia and New Zealand. If you have your eye set on those destinations we would definitely recommend you follow her blog as you will not find better guides or tips elsewhere!
Emma from Emma Eats & Explores. Our followers can probably guess why we love Emma Eats & Explores…she talks about food and traveling!!! What’s not to love?!? Emma currently lives in London and her readers can find some great stories and tips about London, but that’s not all…. Emma is well traveled and readers can find more destinations than just London. They can also find fun recipes created by Emma, and great restaurant reviews. All of her stories are heartfelt and engaging. They make you want to take the next flight out to her latest adventure! Follow her to stay connected on her next food or travel destination!
Questions for our nominees
- Where is your favorite place you have ever traveled and why?
- What are the top three things you always take with you?
- What is your next destination?
- How do you prefer to travel and why? (i.e. camping, backpacking, hostels, airbnb, couchsurfing, cruises, brand hotels, luxury hotels, all inclusive resorts, etc)?
- What is the destination where you caught the travel bug which changed everything for you?
- What is number one on your bucket list?
- When you travel do you like to try native cuisine or do you stick with chain restaurants you are familiar with and why?
- When you arrive home, what is the first meal you must have?
- Do you like to be a local and do as locals do or stick with the touristy attractions?
- If you could live in any other country where would it be?
- If your life was a movie, who would portray you?
And that concludes the Liebster Award. Thank you again and congratulations to our nominees. Safe Travels and Happy Writing!